Monday, November 9, 2009

Blogging

...has become a bit of a chore as of late. I'm finding that I do well with the format of online conversation, but I often get saddled with writer's block when I sit down to post my soliloquies. I really liked the older format of the CatholicVote website and that, essentially spurred my activities here. Someone would invariably say something utterly stupid and in need of immediate correction and explanation and that fueled my fire, so to speak. I found an avenue to discuss Catholic teaching and relate it to current events.

Lately, I've been spending too much time reading other blogs. I started out by checking out what other people were doing, getting ideas, and linking to stories that piqued my interest. But now I find that I use up all my blogging time just weeding through what others post. Then I'm overwhelmed by the sheer number of topics to address.

I don't like drive-by posting. On other people's blogs, there have been so many items I'd like to comment on, but the topics are important enough to warrant lengthy conversation, but since I don't have the time lately to do that, I'd rather not leave any comment at all than leave a provocative one-liner that I'm not around to defend.

7 comments:

Dawn said...

I hear ya. It's like the endless buffet. I'd send you the blog that this reminds me of, but then I would just be enabling :). Blessings!

Mike in CT said...

...So if I recommend that you stop feasting at the endless buffet, does that mean I would lose a reader? 8^)

God bless!

RobKPhD said...

Mike, I very much know where you are coming from. It finds the right niche level eventually. Of course, it is always good to ask what God would want you to do. The answer could be to continue blogging, reading, etc. Or it could be to do otherwise.

Mike in CT said...

Rob,
I have been thinking about how I should continue. I need to pray about it because I think there is more to this unease than at first glance. I'll post about it when I have a better answer.

Mike in CT said...

btw Rob, I tried to find your logo on your site because I can't quite make out what your Tabasco label says. Any help?

Joshua Mercer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josh Mercer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.